Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mexican Lasagna


This picture makes this dish look so-so...but it's one of the hubb's favorite!! I am horrible at taking decent pictures of food...oh well. You really need to try this one though, it is SOOOO good and, again, EASY! And I know some of the ingredients dont have exact measurements. Its just kind of a dump in kind of recipe that's really hard to mess up!
**
Mexican Lasagna
(recipe adapted from Kraft)
**
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green pepper, chopped
2 tsp. chili powder
frozen corn (I use somewhere between 1-2 cups depending on how much you like corn)
bottled (not fresh) salsa (I use Pace's but any bottled salsa/picante works!)
sour cream
shredded cheese
3 large flour tortillas (could use corn, I just prefer flour)
**
Brown ground beef, onion and green pepper until meat is done. Add chili powder and cook 2 minutes. Add corn and salsa. Just dump some corn in and keep adding salsa until its all really moist (I'd guess about 2-3 cups of salsa). In an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan layer 1/4 of the meat mixture, sprinkle on some cheese, and add a tortilla. Add another 1/4 of the meat mixture, a little layer of sour cream, cheese, and tortilla. Then 1/4 of the meat, cheese, tortilla. Finish with the remain 1/4 meat. Cover with foil and bak 375 for 25 mintues (note: pan will be FULL but it's okay!). Remove from oven, sprinkle on cheese and bake another 5 minutes uncovered for cheese to melt.
**
Note: When I layer on the tortilla, I usually trim it to be a square that will fit the pan and take the strips I cut off the round sides and layer them on with the tortilla. Hopefully that makes sense. If not, just layer on the tortilla :). Another note, my dad doesn't like sour cream, so I've left it out before with equally delicious results.

No comments:

Post a Comment