Sunday, August 28, 2011

Banana Bread


Banana bread is a comfort food. And there are maybe half a million recipes out there for it. I can't say I've tried all of them, because I stopped at this one. It is the best banana bread I've ever tried. But you can certainly make it and decide for yourself. It's so flavorful and moist and definitely a keeper!
**
Banana Bread (makes 3 loaves)
**
2 c. sugar
1 stick butter
4 eggs
3 c. mashed ripe bananas (I just use 8 med-lg bananas)
1/2 c. sour cream or plain yogurt
6 T. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
**
Blend sugar and butter. Mix in eggs. Add in bananas, sour cream, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt. Pour evenly in to 3 greased loaf pans. Bake 350 for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment