Sunday, August 28, 2011

Homemade BBQ Chicken


I found this recipe online, and it has become a favorite..especially since I always have the ingredients on hand. I experimented once and added onions to the sauce (as in the picture). It was good, but totally optional. To be honest, I usually make it without the onions, but it's good either way. My favorite thing to do is make this chicken with baked potatoes and use the extra sauce in the pan to drizzle on my potato! Yummy!! (This recipes doubles/triples/etc. well, I double it when making about 3 lbs. chicken.)
**
Homemade BBQ Chicken
**
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
1/2 c. ketchup
1 T. mustard
1 T. worchestershire sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 T. lemon juice
1/4 c. water
**
Place chicken strips in a 9x13. Combine all sauce ingredients in a pan, and bring to simmer. Pour over chicken making sure all chicken has been coated in sauce. Bake on 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until chicken is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment