Thursday, October 27, 2011

THE BEST Chicken Tortilla Soup EVER

To be honest with you, I really am not a fan of chicken tortilla soup...until now. This recipe is a life changer :). In fact, I just shared it with a group of women at my church, and they all raved about it. Most of them have come to me and told me they've already made it for their families and they loved it as well! Not only is it absolutely delicious, but it is E-A-S-Y! I promise you won't be disappointed with this recipe!


Here is the soup with some cheese on top! Yum!!




Here is a ladel full of soup right out of the crock pot so you can see all the yumminess about it :).
*
Chicken Tortilla Soup
*
2 cans shredded chicken (could use cooked/chopped breasts)
10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
4 oz. can green chiles
2 c. water
2 c. frozen corn (or 1 can)
15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I use petite diced for smaller chunks)
3/4 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic
14 oz. can chicken broth
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed
1 tsp. chile powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 T. dried cilantro
1 bay leaf
*
Put everything in your crock pot and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low. You can also make it on the stove, just let it boil softly until the onions are tender and the flavors have combined. Remove bay leaf and serve with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, avocado, tortilla chips, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment